Saturday 17 March 2012

Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott

Started: March 3
Stopped: March 17.  Due back at the library.
Pages: 253

Fierce Conversations is a business/self-help book that was recommended to me by a coworker.  I can see why she liked it.  The book is about how to have necessary, potentially difficult, and even transformative conversations at home, or in your work life.

I'm struggling a bit to finish it though.  How to have those kinds of conversations isn't a top-of-the-mind issue for me right now so I don't feel committed to doing the work needed to get the most out of the book.   I'm still deciding whether to continue skimming to get an overview of the message, or to abort and pick it up again when the issue feels more urgent to me.

Update:  I finished about 1/3 of the book before the library wanted it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment